tomato plant possible problem - Knowledgebase Question

Holiday, Fl
Question by tanks7
bottom leaves of my tomato plant have irregular brownish white spots.holes are forming in leaves.This is moving up to other leaves.I see no forms of insect life.I assume this is some form of fungus.Can you define and recommend treatment? thanks.

I can't diagnose the problem without actually seeing it but there are several fungal diseases that can cause the symptoms you describe. I'd remove the affected lower leaves to keep the fungus from spreading. There are fungicides you can use to protect the unaffected leaves but first you might want to check out the following website. It has photos of the most common tomato diseases and it may help you pinpoint the cause of the problem. This publication also suggests control options: http://www.extension.iastate.e...

Best wishes with your tomato plants!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"