weeds have taken over my lawn - Knowledgebase Question

32908, Fl
Question by missjc158
I live in central florida, and this year my bahaia lawn which is mixed with a small amount of st augustine grass has been totally taken over by weeds of all names and description. In desperation I used total kill from home depot using the dial a flow, some weeds are dying but others are not. Should I not water the lawn to starve the weeds more or should I reapply the total kill,it has been 6 days.

0

Bahiagrass has a low tolerance for many herbicides, making chemical weed control difficult. Since you've already used a vegetation killer you may need to spot treat the persistent weeds. I wouldn't apply the total kill all over again, though, unless you intend to completely wipe out everything and start all over with new bahia or other turfgrass. Sometimes it's best to simply start over rather than to renovate an existing lawn that is more weeds than grass. Wish I had other solutions to share!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"