LANTANA CUTTINGS - Knowledgebase Question

Queen Creek, Ar
Question by MPARK
I WANT TO START CUTTINGS FROM MY PINK CONFETTI LANTANA. IT'S 5' WIDE AN 3.5 TALL COVERED WITH BLOSSOMS. BEATIFUL.PLEASE HELP ME. wILL APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH.MARY LOU

0

Rooting lantana is quite easy. When I take my cuttings, I leave a set of leaves on top and then strip the rest of the leaves from the stem. Dip the cut end in rooting hormone and set your cuttings in a nursery pot filled with moistened potting soil. Place 3 or 4 sticks around the inside rim of the pot and drape plastic wrap or a plastic baggie over the sticks but not touching the cuttings. The plastic tent should be loose, not air tight. This will provide ample humidity. Set the pot outdoors in a shady spot and check periodcally to make sure the potting soil is moist but not soggy wet. Your cutting should root in about 3 weeks and you should see new growth. Remove the plastic when you see new buds along the stem or new leaves developing at the top of the plant. Best wishes with your cuttings.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"