Lawn Care - Knowledgebase Question

Lithonia, Ge
Question by ncoates04
First summer in our new house..I want to make the grass real green and pretty what do i need to start that process?

0

If you feed, water and mow regularly, you'll have the nicest lawn in the neighborhood. Wait until the lawn is actively growing this spring and then feed it with a 3-1-2 ratio of NPK (numbers on the fertilizer package). I find that fertilizer goes on sale at just the right application time so watch the ads!. Water your lawn once or twice a week, depending upon weather. Most lawns need about an inch of water per week. If you don't get that much rainfall each week, you'll need to water. Scout for weeds and dig or pull them as soon as you notice them so they won't get a foothold and spread. Mow as often as necessary to keep it about 1 1/2 to two inches high. Enjoy your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"