Lawn problems - Knowledgebase Question

San Diego, Ca
Question by djacobs11
My lawn, has just about every type of grass. Some bermuda, tall fescue, crab, clover and an assortment of other weeds. There's more weeds than grass. What can I use to get rid of all of those weeds which are getting pretty tall? Also, should I mow before spraying anything or not?

If you'd like to save the bermuda and kill all the other weeds, many products are available in either liquid or granular formulations Ortho Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer For Lawns, Southern Ag Lawn Weed Killer with Trimec, Ace Spot Weed Killer, Ortho Basic Solutions Lawn Weed Killer, and Bayer Advanced Southern Weed Killer for Lawns are all registered as safe for use on bermuda grass lawns. Double check the labels, though, because formulations can change. I'd mow first and then apply the weed killer.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"