seeding & overseeding lawn in RI - Knowledgebase Question

riverside, Rh
Question by e2firefighte
Spring has arrived, day temps have been in 50's - low 60's, night temps in low 40's. I re-seeded some bare spots, new soil put in & raked, & overseeded the rest. Watered daily, stoped because it rained for 2 days, watered again, stoped for 2 days because night temps were in mid 20's, temps 50-60 @ day, 40's @ night again, & then warmer, it's 7 days, no growth yet, what should I or should not do?

I'd just wait a little bet. Grass seeds will germinate in 40F temperatures but will germinate faster when temps are in the 70's. Sometimes gardeners broadcast grass seeds in the fall and they just sit patiently until spring weather arrives and then sprout. I'd just continue to keep the lawn watered on a regular basis. I suspect you'll see the new grass sprout in a few weeks. If not, you still have plenty of spring left if you need to overseed a second time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"