soil level - Knowledgebase Question

clermont, Ge
Question by buddyromero3
How I can lower pH Level In my soil

0

If your soil is alkaline, you can lower your soil's pH or make it more acidic by using elemental sulfur, aluminum sulfate, iron sulfate, acidifying nitrogen, and organic mulches.

An excellent way to lower the pH of small beds or garden areas is the addition of sphagnum peat. (The pH of Canadian sphagnum peat generally ranges from 3.0 to 4.5.) Sphagnum peat is also a good source of organic matter. On small garden plots, add a one to two inch layer of sphagnum peat and work it into the top 8 to 12 inches of soil before planting. The addition of sphagnum peat to large areas would be cost prohibitive. For large areas, granular sulfur is the safest, least expensive but slowest acting product to use when attempting to lower your soil's pH.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "