emerald green arborvitae smaragd - Knowledgebase Question

earleville, Mo
Question by griffsea
I just purchased 4 of these shrubs to replace our leyland cypress that were destroyed in the winter snow. I was hoping that they would be 15'or more and fill in the void of the 30' trees. I get different sizes,etc. I just planted them apx 5 feet apart by a fence line. The will get shade in the pm and are in clay soil that gets moisture and I put in lots of compost with each shrub.

0

Thuja occidentalis 'Smaragd' will grow in part shade to full sunshine and generally grow 15-20' high and 3-6' wide. Since your soil is clayey, amending the soil with compost prior to planting will help your new shrubs establish their roots quickly. With routine watering and a spring feeding, your new shrubs will reach their full mature height and width. Hope this answers your question!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"