A Tropical Setting - Knowledgebase Question

los angeles, Ca
Question by corolthompso
I am planning to landscape this spring/summer and I would love to have a tropical look/feel; I have plenty of room for differnt plants. I also have like little squares along side the house to plant things. Therefore, what are the best tropical plants to plant?

0

I hope you have a large yard because there are literally hundreds of tropical plants that will grow well in Los Angeles! Some of the best for your region include: Actinidia arguta (Hardy Kiwi), Cydonia oblonga (Quince), Vitis californica (California Wild Grape), Eriobotrya japonica (Loquat), Morus nigra (Black Mulberry), Feijoa sellowiana (Feijoa), Fuchsia boliviana (Bolivian Fuchsia), Prunus lyonii (Catalina Island Cherry), Hardy banana, Bird of Paradise, Elephant Ears, hibiscus, Canna Lilies and most other large leafed perennials. I know you will find all the right plants to build your very own tropical paradise. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "