Hydrangea - Knowledgebase Question

Wilton Manors, Fl
Question by ngarrenton
I recently bought a beautiful hydrangea at Home Depot. It's in a pot now, but can I put it in the ground? I live in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know if it can take the summers. Should I try to plant it in full sun or the shade? Thanks, Nancy

0

Many types of hydrangeas will successfully grow and flower in Florida so there's a good chance yours will, too. Wait until it has finished blooming to transplant it into your yard. Amend the soil with compost or other organic matter to help it retain moisture and provide a cool spot for the roots. Plant your hydrangea in a spot that gets morning sun but afternoon shade. 3-4 hours of morning sun is all your hydrangea will need to set flower buds. Best wishes with your new plant!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"