emerald green arborvitae smaragd - Knowledgebase Question

earleville, Mo
Question by griffsea
I received your info but the tag on the shrubs I purchased stated 8' to 10' and 24

Plant taxonomy classifies 'Emerald Green' Arborvitae under Thuja occidentalis. 'Smaragd' arborvitae is one of its cultivars. Smaragd can grow to 20' at maturity, depending upon growing conditions but in some landscape situations may not grow quite that high. When a size is quoted on a plant label it is the expected size at 10 years of age, and takes into consideration the climatic conditions of the growing region. Your shrubs have the potential to grow anywhere from 8-20 feet in height and 2-6' in width. You can prune them to control the size and annual pruning can maintain a specific size. Again, depending upon soil type, weather, watering and general care, your shrubs can grow anywhere from less than 6 to more than 12 inches a year. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"