Brown Hedge - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by Itzyespin
I have a evergreen hedge on my backyard that I don't know what it is and is dying one of the plants is completly brown and the plant next to it is getting brown spots on their leaves I don't know the name of

It's really difficult to diagnose a plant problem without actually seeing it. From your description it sounds as though you are growing boxwoods (oval, dark shiny green leaves). Typically these are disease free but the spots indicate either a fungal disease or possibly scale insects (if the spots are raised and can be peeled off). Boxwoods can suffer if the soil doesn't drain well. Saturated soils can cause root rot and boxwood decline which appears as cankers on the stems. Fungal leaf spots are usually small and black in appearance. A fungicide can help protect unaffected leaves, or you can simply shear your plants to remove the fungal spores. Best wishes with your hedge!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"