Bruabun Apple Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Io
Question by itt
I have two Bruaburn Apple Trees that are about 5 yrs old. I have kept the apples off to help the trees mature. Now I would like to harvest the fruit but the leaves are curling and the will not grow Is this a Mineral diffenency or a bug invasion. The leaves have a dark color and the apples are deformed.

0

Your Braeburn apple tree sounds like it has developed a fungal disease called apple scab. To avoid diseases, your apple trees can be sprayed with Bordeaux (lime-sulfur). This fungicide must be applied early and thoroughly to protect new growth. Apply according to label directions; as the buds break until the leaves are fully expanded. Do this at prepink, pink, calyx, and first cover. Since the fungus overwinters in fallen leaves and fruit, be sure to thoroughly clean up and dispose of plant debris in the fall months. The horticultural oil is effective against overwintering scale insects and insect eggs and should be applied in the winter. It is sold as dormant spray. Hope this answers all your questions.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"