low light tropical plants - Knowledgebase Question

Rockville, Ma
Question by mtwmoser
after purchase plants drooped unless watered heavily/large foliage, heavily rooted, small pot/I repotted larger pot watered heavily/keep plant 10 ft away large window, no direct sunlight - leaves are drooping soil is still very damp ??

I would have done exactly the same thing. If it droops when it doesn't get enough water, I'd water it frequently and if the plant was rootbound, I would have transplanted it into a larger pot. I'm not sure what's wrong with your plant! Overwatering can cause drooping, but so can underwatering. If you can have the plant positively identified and then submit another question to this forum, we can guide you through the proper care. Why not take a leaf to a well staffed nursery and ask for their help in identifying the plant? Armed with the knowledge of the exact name of the plant we can sort through the problems and find a solution.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"