Rotting Dragon Fruit Plant. - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Mimi Lilly
Port Saint Lucie, Fl
Question by luxio
Hello! I have a dragon fruit plant in my backyard and it has a very strange disease. It has a many rusty-orange spots. After a little while those spots turn black, and then that part of the plant rots. I would like to know what is this disease, and how to treat it.
Thank you!

It sounds like a fungal disease. The rusty orange spots are the spores and when they mature they spread to other parts of your dragon fruit tree. There are no fungicides registered for use on your dragon fruit plant so the best control option is to prune off the affected plant parts as soon as you notice the spots. Pruning will open your plant up to better air circulation and sunshine, which will help it avoid diseases in the future. Best wishes with your dragon fruit plant!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"