Brown spots on my dracaena - Knowledgebase Question

Anson, Te
Question by sjmaldonado0
I have a Janet Craig Dracaena that was beautiful when I bought it. We moved and now the leaves are turning brown and are coming right off. I tried repotting it, but its still doing the same. the brown spots are all over the leaf not just at the tip of it. Any suggestions before it completely dies? Help!

As a rule, dracaena makes an easy care houseplant. They will grow in low to moderate light and prefer fast draining soils that are allowed to dry out slightly between waterings. It sounds like it is having a hard time adjusting to the conditions in your home. And, if it was subjected to cold air or bright sunlight on its journey to your home, it could be showing signs of distress from these, as well. So, here's what I would do: Prune off any dead plant parts. If the roots are healthy a new stem (or two) will develop. Place the plant in a site where it gets low to moderate light - somewhere out of drafts from open doors or windows and away from heater/air conditioner ducts. Allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings. The top of the soil should be dry and barely pulling away from the sides of the pot between waterings. Use bottled water when you do water (browing leaf tips can indicate dry indoor air or too many minerals in the water), and water thoroughly so water freely flows from the drainage holes. I hope these suggestions helps you help your plant regain its health!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"