inside palms - Knowledgebase Question

Las Vegas, Ne
Question by alanbayduk
I am very good with growing all my outside plants and flowers but when it comes to these palm trees that i buy at your store they always die within 2 months. I'm rely getting tired of replacing these every couple of months. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks Alan Bayduk

0

How frustrating for you! The most common problem with palms indoors is overwatering. Palms appreciate fast-draining soils and regular applications of water, but the top of the soil should dry out between waterings. Just stick your finger down into the soil. If it is still moist an inch below the surface, it won't need watering for a few days; if it's dry that far down, it's time to water. Indoors they need bright light but not direct sunshine. Feeding every month or two with a half strength dilution of water soluable fertilizer will provide all the nutrients they need. Just give your palm warm temperatures, bright light, water when the top of the soil dries out and occasional feeding and it should be just fine. Good luck with your palms.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"