over grown yard plants - Knowledgebase Question

Reynoldsburg, Oh
Question by turk952
I want to take out all my over grwwn plants and start new what is the best way to keep the planst from returning without much devistation to the soil

0

If you dig the plants out, roots and all, you'll be starting with a clean slate. Once you get everything out of the ground, spread a few inches of organic matter over the top and dig or rototill it in to a depth of 8-10 inches. Then level the bed and you will be ready to plant. Prior to planting you can install a weed blocker landscape fabric to keep weeds from sprouting in the bed and then cut holes or slits for planting. When you're finished planting, cover over the weed barrier with decorative bark, rocks or mulch.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"