Why is one of My apple trees dying? - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Luzviminda Mateo
Lemon Grove, Ca
Question by clerical
I was given 2 apples trees for christmas (1 Anna and 1 fuji) They were planted about 6 feet away from each other in my backyard. Both already have fruits and started blooming well and looked very healthy. Then 2 weeks ago the Ana started to dry and now it looks like it's already dead. Is there a chance of reviving it - and what do you think cause it to dry very wuickly.

0

Water stress is the most likely culprit. It can take trees several months to adjust after they have been transplanted and need to be watered deeply once or twice a week after being planted. You didn't mention how often you watered or if you have had extensive rainfall so I don't know whether too much or too little water is to blame. Try watering deeply once or twice a week and see if that will revive your trees. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"