info. about vaca valley gardenias - Knowledgebase Question

Schriever, Lo
Question by asmit136
I recently planted some vaca valley gardenias and they didn't have much information on them. I am curious about how exactly to care for them, big they will get and also how long it normally takes for them to grow to full maturity.

0

Vaca Valley is the name of the growing nursery, not the type of gardenia you are growing so I can't tell you the ultimate height and spread of your plant, but I can give you some basic care info. Plant your gardenias in an area that gets full sun in the morning or filtered light all day. Overheating causes flower buds to drop off before they can bloom. Nighttime temperatures must be between 50 and 55 degrees for new flower buds to form.

SProvide rich soil with a high acid content. Increase the acidity of the soil by amending the soil with peat moss and by using acidic mulch like pine needles or pine bark nuggets and feed your gardenia with Miracid or other acidified fertilier.

Water often enough to keep the soil reasonably moist but not soggy wet. Enjoy your new gardenias!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"