Lantana - Knowledgebase Question

Queen Creek AZ, Ar
Question by mpark4278
Can you tell me how to start new plants from lantana cuttings. I have called sixteen nursies in the area and non have pink confetti and haven't had for about 3 years. Or do you know of any Home Depot that carries them? Will appreciate answer.Thanks Mary Lou

Rooting lantana is quite easy. When I take my cuttings, I leave a set of leaves on top and then strip the rest of the leaves from the stem. Dip the cut end in rooting hormone and set your cuttings in a nursery pot filled with moistened potting soil. Place 3 or 4 sticks around the inside rim of the pot and drape plastic wrap or a plastic baggie over the sticks but not touching the cuttings. The plastic tent should be loose, not air tight. This will provide ample humidity. Set the pot outdoors in a shady spot and check periodcally to make sure the potting soil is moist but not soggy wet. Your cutting should root in about 3 weeks and you should see new growth. Remove the plastic when you see new buds along the stem or new leaves developing at the top of the plant. Best wishes with your cuttings.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"