Covering a hillside to avoid erosion - Knowledgebase Question

Freeman, Mi
Question by myler1063
I need to plant something on the south end of my house. It has a slope and I need to put something on it to avoid erosion.

0

Plants with fibrous roots can help knit the soil together so choose a quick growing groundcover and you'll help slow soil erosion. Low growing perennials include Ajuga (carpet bugle) is a good choice, as are Bergenia, Candytuft, Coral Bells, Cranesbill Geranium, Creeping Phlox, Daylily, Dianthus, Myrtle (Vinca), Potentilla, Sedums, Snow in Summer, and dwarf Spireas. Some taller, shrubbier plants to grow include Cranberry Cotoneaster, Five-leaf Akebia, Hall's Honeysuckle, prostrate Juniper, Purple Wintercreeper, Rockspray Cotoneaster, Rosa Rugosa and Scotch Heather. Good luck with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"