Peaches root system - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Mimi Lilly
Port Saint Lucie, Fl
Question by luxio
Hello! I have a Peach tree in my backyard, it's not very tall probably a little above 3 meters high. Not a long ago it had a small peach tree pop out, and no it's growing next to it. Does the small peach tree have it's own root system, or is it conected to the large peach tree?
Thank you! And Happy Easter!

0

What you describe sounds like a sucker. It won't grow and produce the way your peach tree will so it's best to prune it off the plant. It is growing from the same root system as your peach tree and if you allow it to grow it will take the moisture and nutrients from the roots and compete with your peach tree. Some fruit trees are prone to sending up suckering growth. It's best to prune away the suckers as soon as you see them growing. Best wishes with your peach tree!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"