controlling the size - Knowledgebase Question

studio city, Ca
Question by carrie_augen
I purchased pink lady indian hawthorn and did not realize they grow so large. I am hoping to be able to keep them trimmed at about 3 ft high and 3 ft wide for each plant. Is that reasonable? If I am trimming them to remain that size, will I still have a significant amount of flowers?

Thank you.

0

Pink Lady Indian Hawthorn usually grows 4-6 feet at maturity. You can prune it each year after it has finished flowering to keep it smaller, but I think you'll find that over the years it will become woody and distorted - eventually it will stop blooming. I'd enjoy it in the garden now, prune it back after flowering each year and when it outgrows its garden spot and stops blooming, plan on removing it and replacing it with a new plant.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "