Transplanting Gaillardia seedlings outside - Knowledgebase Question

Millbrook, Al
Question by achandler6
Hi,I am still fairly new to gardening and my question is that I bought and planted some Gaillardia seedlings inside my home(Feb.20,2009) about 6 weeks ago,the seedlings are doing good enough that I seperated them to give them more room when can I transplant them into my outside garden and can I expect any blooms this Summer?

0

Your gaillardia should bloom for you this summer. When the seedlings have about 4 sets of leaves they should be mature enough to set outdoors. You'll want to gradually acclimate them to growing outside by taking them out during the day and back in at night. Do this for 3-4 days, setting them in a shady spot in the garden and leaving them out for longer and longer periods of time until they are spending all day and all night outside. Then begin moving them to a spot where they get a little morning sun, gradually moving them into more and more sunshine over a period of 3-4 days. Then you can plant them permanently in your garden. Enjoy your new plants!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"