florida grass by seed - Knowledgebase Question

Oviedo, Fl
Question by pbmaclaren
I want to reseed my Central florida yard by seed. I do not want to use bahai due to the stems of the seeds that spring up constantly. there are two alternatives Bermuda and centipide. I have a sunny open lot. I am going to spray roundup and then spread the seed. which seed variety do you reccommend?

Sounds like you've done your homework and you're on the right track. As for selecting the right turf, you have lots of choices. Common Bermuda is the least expensive, followed by Cheyenne. My favorite is FloraTexTM. FloraTexTM was a joint release from the University of Florida and Texas A & M University in 1993. It is a lower maintenance bermuda with lower fertility and water requirements than other hybrid varieties and remains green for more of the year. It is medium in leaf texture and shoot density.

Tifblair centipede is probably the best choice for your growing region.

Best wishes with your new lawn.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"