Pest control - Knowledgebase Question

ROCKFORD, Il
Question by laydbugg25
This is my very first attempt to plant a row garden and I wonder how will I keep pest from eating the produce?

0

The answer really depends upon the types of vegetables you are growing and which pests you see in the garden. As a rule, most plants will tolerate insects feeding on their leaves - to an extent. The best strategy is to monitor your plants on a daily basis and scout for insect pests. If you find beetles or caterpillars, pick them off the plants and destroy them. If there's a huge infestation you may have to use a pesticide but because you want bees and other pollinating insects to visit your garden and transfer pollen from flower to flower you'll want to hold off on using chemical sprays if at all possible. I prefer to simply pick off insect pests or hose them off the plants. Best wishes with your new garden. Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "