Everbooming Gardenia - Knowledgebase Question

Ransom Canyon, Te
Question by GlynandJim
I need to know how to plant them in a planter container and how to care for the plant as time goes on and where to place it in my home.

0

Growing healthy gardenia plants can be a challenge, even for seasoned gardeners. Gardenias require a rich, very acid soil (pH 4.5 to 5.0). An abundance of moisture and high humidity is the most important factor in successful gardenia culture. Choose a container with lots of drainage holes in the bottom and fill it with potting soil rather than garden soil. Keep the soil moist but not soggy wet and feed your gardenia with a half strength dilution of water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro or Miracid. For flower buds to form and thrive, night temperatures need to be between 60-65F. During the day, temperatures should be 70-75F. A very constant, even temperature is required or buds will drop. Bright light is essential, but avoid direct mid-day sun in the summer. Best of luck with your gardenia!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"