Weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Waddell, Ar
Question by jp072348
I have Weed B Gone by Ortho. It says it doesn't harm my lawn. But can I spray it around base of shrubs and trees without harming them? The shrubs and trees are about 9 years old.

Thank you,

Not a good idea to use the product around your shrubs and trees. Weed B Gon is a broadleaf weed killer designed primarily for turf areas. Broadleaf weed killers won't harm grass but will harm other plants because it is designed to go after anything that is not a grass. In fact, the label states it should not be used near fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental shrubs. If you have weeds near your trees and shrubs you might want to use a product such as Amaze by Green Light or Over The Top by Fertilome. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"