azalea - Knowledgebase Question

Orlando, Fl
Question by ysman27
My azalea has very healthy green leaves but only a few flowers. What am I doing wrong?

0

If your azalea is not blooming, it may not be getting enough light or you may be pruning at the wrong time. Or, if the winter weather is exceptionally cold, the flower buds can die back. Azaleas will grow in bright shade (not deep shade) and will even tolerate a few hours of morning sunshine. Make sure yours is getting adequate light. Since these plants develop flower buds in the summer it's important to do your pruning in late spring. As long as the winter weather isn't too cold, the flower buds it develops over the summer months should open the following spring. Aside from the above, not much will keep it from flowering. Hope this information helps you determine just what's going on with your azalea.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"