Red Flax - Knowledgebase Question

Punxsutawney, PA
Question by clarkb
I have some flowers that I have been planting for a good number of years. I plant them each spring and gather the seeds and dry them for the following year. I just wondered if I could find out what they were and how to go about it.
I have taken pictures of them along with the plant and seeds on the plant. Im also going to try to dry or press one.
The plants are sort of fern looking, the flowers are bright crimson. They grow from a foot to 2 foot high. The seeds are about a half inch long and slender. Just wondering.

0

It's a bit difficult to make a guess without knowing a little bit more about the flower ireself, but perhaps it is Linum grandiflorum or Red Flax? There is a drawing and description of red flax here: http://www.pathfinder.com/vg/T...