Gladious Mixed 55 bulbs per pack - Knowledgebase Question

Livonia, Mi
Question by bolden_sherr
I just purchased Gladious Mixed bulbs (2nd to bloom). I live in Detroit, Michigan. Can I plant them now for them to bloom for late spring/summer? Also are these perinnals? Will they do okay if planted in partial sun light? Thank you!!

You can plant your gladiolus corms anytime after your last frost date (which usually falls between mid- and late-April). Gladiolus tend to look best when planted in bunches rather than in a straight row. Plant each corm twice as deep as the corm is wide and space them about six inches apart. They will grow and bloom the first year. They flower best in full sunshine so choose an area with at least 4 hours of afternoon sunshine. If they don't get enough sun, they won't bloom for you. Glads are perennials so they will grow and bloom for you each year. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"