Yellow Transplant Leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Wilmington, De
Question by msnikki25
I recently purchased several vegetable transplants at my local home depot. The following day began our record breaking March. (Torrential rainfall, and temperatures.) The weather caused me to care for my transplants indoors. Now that the sun has arrived and the birds are chirping; some of my transplants have yellow / lemon lime colored leaves. Can these be revived? Should I purchase new plants?

Lack of sufficient sunshine is probably the cause of the yellowing leaves. I'd take the transplants outdoors and set them in a shady spot for a day or two, gradually moving them into direct sunshine a few hours a day until they are sitting in full sun all day long. This gradual acclimation to the great outdoors should take only a week to 10 days. At that time you can plant them into your garden. There's a pretty good chance they will recover once they're out in the garden. Best wishes with your veggies!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"