knockout roses - Knowledgebase Question

coraopolis, Pe
Question by kavitha21m
i have two knockout roses in 18inch potter.should i cover it with some plastic sheets during nights to avoid the frost to settle??Is that why my leaves are looking little droopy at day time too??

0

Knock Out roses are reasonably hardy to frost so I wouldn't cover them up at night. If the leaves are looking a little droopy the plants may need a thorough watering. Set the pots in a large container of water and let them sit for about 15 minutes. Then take them out and allow them to drain. Plants in pots can sometimes develop air pockets within the soil around the roots. Once the soil gets really dry it is hard to rewet. Setting the pots in a container of water will rehydrate the soil and help keep the plants from drooping during the day. Best wishes with your Knock Out roses.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"