Peace Lily - Knowledgebase Question

Lexington, Ke
Question by tonelaure1
dear expert: my peace lily was fine when I left work on friday, when I got back on monday, it was droopy and limp. How much water is needed to keep it healthy and does it need a bigger pot?

It probably doesn't need a bigger pot - peace lilies bloom best when slightly pot bound. They do like a continuous source of water, though, so I suspect yours is showing the signs of water stress. You can revive it by setting the pot in a sinkful of water to throughly rewet the potting soil. Submerge the pot and leave it there for 15 minutes or until no more air bubbles rise to the surface. Make sure your plant is not sitting in a draft from air conditioning or heater vents, or in direct sunshine. Just fine a bright spot for your lily, water it as soon as the top of the soil begins to dry out and prune or cut off the flowers as they begin to fade. Best wishes with your peace lily!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"