privacy trees close to pool - Knowledgebase Question

Sun Lakes, Ar
Question by whelandt
Help, I have a small home with a pool and some fence peeping neighbors on two sides. The pool is only about 5' from the boundary fence. I am looking for something that will grown at least 6 or 7' feet high and whose roots grow straight and will not grown into the pool. Also, a tree or large shrub that won't drop it's leaves continually into the pool. Bless you!
Dee Whelan Chandler, AZ

0

Some really great screening shrubs include Mexican Honeysuckle (Justicia spicigera),
dwarf oleander and cassia. However, each will drop spent flowers in the springtime. If you can put up with that, any of them will make a dense privacy screen in a hurry. Or, an evergreen non-flowering shrub to consider is hop bush, and there's always arborvitae if that's more to your liking. Dwarf or semi-dwarf citrus trees are great for creating privacy and, aside from petal fall in April, are reasonably litter free. Hope one of these suggestions works for you!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"