artificial lighting for vegetable garden - Knowledgebase Question

ST. PETERS, Mi
Question by jstreet766
some areas of my enclosed patio does not provide enough sunshine for my veggies in raised beds...what can i hang to provide additional lighting...plant lights or sunshine flourescent lights with 4' fixtures(zone 5) any advice? im associate in garden at HD

0

Inexpensive fluorescent shop lights are what we recommend for seed starting but I don't think the standard bulbs will work for more mature plants because they won't supply the full spectrum of light needed for growth and flowering. But you could exchange the standard bulbs for gro-light or full-spectrum fluorescent bulbs in the shop light fixtures and hang them just above the tops of the plants. This is about the best replacement for real sunshine as I can come up with. Hope it works for you!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"