Potted Boxwoods - Knowledgebase Question

Aurora, Il
Question by gracemmartin
I have potted boxwoods. Last year I put them in my window wells during the winter and they looked great until spring. Soon after bringing them out, they suddenly died. This year I kept the plants in my garage. I brought them out yesterday but I am wondering if I need to give them any kind of special care to insure they won't die like last year. So far they look great, but....? Thank you.

0

The only caution is since they have been in a sheltered place they may not be able to endure direct sunshine right away. You can gradually acclimate them to growing outdoors again by first setting them in a shaded area and then moving them little by little into full sunshine. Start by giving them an hour or two of morning sun for a few days, then full morning sun, etc. The whole process won't take more than about a week. Eventually they should be able to tolerate full sunshine all day long. Best wishes with your boxwoods!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"