Mondo Grass and sun - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Te
Question by hikndog
Everything I have read says Dwarf Mondo grass likes shade or part sun and I have had bad luck with Mondo that was planted in full Tennessee sun. I just bought a few flats from HD which claims this Dwarf Mondo likes full sun. I don't want to replant if that is not the case. Jim

0

I went to the experts in Tennessee for the answer. The University of Tennessee cooperative extension office insists that dwarf mondo grass will grow equally well in full sun or part shade in Knoxville. If you've had trouble with it in the past, you might want to prepare the planting bed by amending with organic matter to help hold moisture between waterings and mulch over the soil between the plants to help moderate soil temperatures. Other than that, your mondo grass should perform well for you in either full sun or part shade.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "