my hibisicus Leaves Yellowing & falling off - Knowledgebase Question

Sunrise, Fl
Question by onions1971
I have a 6 ft. hibicus bush that is in full sun and is blooming beautifully. The only problem is that everyday about 25 or more leaves turn yellow and then fall off. I had been fertilizing it with miracle grow every 2 weeks and other than that I haven't donte anything else. There doesn't seen to be an insect problem either. Can you help me with my yellow leaf problem? Thank you!

I know it's alarming to see the leaves turn yellow but it's perfectly normal for your hibiscus. The oldes leaves are being shed and your plant will replace them with healthy new leaves within a few weeks. You can pull off the yellowing leaves if you don't like to see them on your plant, and you can watch for the new leaves to emerge - you'll see them beginning to form within a day or two of removing the yellow leaves. As long as your plant looks otherwise healthy, you're getting new growth and flower buds, there's nothing to worry about. Enjoy your hibiscus!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"