WHAT FERTILIZER FOR PALMS? - Knowledgebase Question

Collinsville, Il
Question by tonyandbob26
Hi! You have been so helpful in the past, and need to know what fertilizer do I need for my Majesty Palms? Also, do I fertilize from the top of soil or in bottom water tray? You are all the Greatest! Thanks, again, Bob

0

Glad we've been so helpful to you! Feel free to drop by anytime! Since your majesty palm is in a container, the best way to feed it is with a half-strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro or Peter's, which are formulated for indoor plants. Just dilute a tablespoon of the product into a gallon of water and use it in place of a regular watering every 3-4 weeks. By diluting the fertilizer and feeding every few weeks you will be supplying the necessary nutrients without the possibility of overfeeding and burning the roots of your palm. Apply just as you would water - from the top - and apply enough that the excess drains out the bottom of the pot. Best wishes with your majesty palm!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"