Couple of questions - Knowledgebase Question

Durham, No
Question by danceangel_1
Hi I recently planted a dill plant in a pot amongst my container gardens. It was growing wonderfully and I was already harvesting off of it until this last week when it suddenly wilted and shriveled. I thought it might just need some water but the soil was perfectly moist and not soaked. I then considered if there was something in the soil (ie grubs) but could find nothing. Any help?

I can't really diagnose the problem with your dill without being able to inspect the plant, but I wonder if developed a disease? Fusarium wilt is a fungal disease that causes sudden and unexplainable wilting, defoliation, and death of young plants. It spreads easliy through contact with other infected plants and there is no known cure. I would remove the dill from the container, roots and all. If you decide to replace your plant, I'd plant it in a container all its own. Dill will need lots of sunshine and good air circulation for best growth. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"