Help - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Deborah Wommack
St Louis, Mo (Zone 5a)
Question by dwommack195
I would like to grow sweet potato vines in a pot. What do i do? I hope this isn't a dumb question.

0

No gardening question is dumb = I'm glad you asked. There's no reason you cannot successfully grow a sweet potato vine in a container. I'd choose at least a 3-gallon container and fill it with potting soil. Ipomoea batatas is the botanical name of sweet potato vine and it is in the morning glory (Convolvulaceae) family. There are many varieties of sweet potato vine. 'Blackie' has deep blackish purple leaves and lavender colored flowers; 'Marguerite' has golden green foliage; 'Tricolor' and 'Pink Frost' have green leaves with white and pink variegation. These plants grow from tuberous roots and can be found in garden centers either as a dormant tuber or as a plant already growing. Best wishes with your sweet potato vine!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"