rosemary plant zone 7 - Knowledgebase Question

fairfax, Vi
Question by rohini_m_200
I was gifted a rosemary plant in container. Over winter all its leaves dried up. I was hoping it will sprout new leaves in spring. but it has not done so as yet. What do i do now?

Plants in containers are more susceptible to winter damage than the same plants growing in the ground because their roots are more exposed to winter cold. I don't know whether or not your rosemary plant survived the winter. Only time will tell. I'd water it regularly and hope for the best. If you don't see any new growth by the end of April, you may need to replace your plant. If you do, plan on putting it in the garden or at least sinking the pot into the garden during the winter months. This will help insulate the root system so it can survive the winter weather. Good luck with your rosemary!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"