Climbing Hydrangea - Knowledgebase Question

shawano, Wi
Question by toni12
I have a climbing hydraneia in full sun that has been planted for about five years. Grows beautifully , but never flowers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0

Like wisteria, climbing hydrangeas can be finicky about blooming until they're good and ready. I've heard of some people not getting their first wisteria blooms until 7 or 8 years after planting. Usually climbing hydrangeas will bloom within the first 4 or 5 years. So this could be the year.

Half a day of sun should be enough, full sunshine is even better. So I'd say about all you can do is be patient, enjoy the great foliage and look forward to the day when this lush, self-climber begins putting out those glorious white flowers. The good news is that once it starts blooming, a climbing hydrangea flowers nicely and reliably from then on.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"