Yard!! - Knowledgebase Question

VILLA RICA, Ge
Question by MULLGRAVS
I have a very large front yard. My question to you, instead of doing my front yard with all grass would you recommend that I break it up by adding a Tulips, etc to the middle of the front yard or what other advice can u give me??

0

I think a yard looks best with lots of colorful flower beds rather than a huge expanse of lawn. Since you are just in the planning stages, why not measure the yard and draw it out on paper, then play with the sizes and shapes of flower beds by sketching them into your drawing? You could do an oval or free-form shape for the lawn and fill in around the perimeter with different shapes and sizes of planting beds. Group your trees or shrubs in certain areas and reserve some areas for colorful annual and perennial beds. Once you have your ideas down on paper you can list the plants that most appeal to you by visiting your garden center several times during the growing season. You'll find that some plants flower in the spring, others during the summer months and others during the fall months. By planting some of each, you'll have lots of color in your landscape nearly all year around. Best wishes with your new landscape!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "