Above Ground Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Kempner, Te
Question by rharris47
I'm trying to build an above ground organic garden for my wife for mother's day...her

Chicken wire will probably sag under the weight but quarter inch hardware cloth should be sturdy enough to hold up. A planting bed should be at least 12" deep to accommodate root growth. You could build a free standing bed if you want to bring it up to knee or waist-high if that will make it easier to garden in, or you can simply build your raised bed just above ground level, using a row of bricks or landscape timber as a base. If so, lay the timber or bricks then build the bed, line it with hardware cloth and fill it with top soil or make your own with a mixture of garden soil and compost or aged manure. Best wishes with your new garden bed!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"