Will I be left with any potential stems? - Knowledgebase Question

Spring Valley, Ne
Question by mosesmessing
I received 2 rosebushes by mail with already budding canes most of the buds quite developed are either rubbing against the existing canes or growing toward the canes which means that when they grow they will cross the other canes. Should I snip off these developed buds even if they are in the majority leaving me with very few buds now, will others grow in or if I do will I be left with no rosebush

0

I think the best course of action is to plant the roses and allow them to get established before doing any pruning. You can always prune them back later in the season. The important thing now is to get them into the ground so their roots can establish. You're right about overcrowding stems and potential problems but you can address this in early summer. Enjoy your new roses!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"