Why is my Queen Palm "wilting"? - Knowledgebase Question

Houston, Te
Question by marigoldwhit
I recently had 3 Queen palms transplanted. All showed new growth, but now the growth in one died and the lovely green fronds in another is now drooping. I did use an Olympic product to clean my fence about a couple of weeks before the second one deteriorated. Could this have harmed the tree. The first one deteriorated before I used this product. Thanks

I'm more inclined to think your queen palms are going through a little transplant stress, although the fence cleaning product may well have drained down into the soil near the roots. Check the label to see what's in it other than soap and if there are any cautions using it near plants. Water stress - too much or too little - can cause the wilting so water carefully until your palms perk up. Deeply soak the soil then wait 4-5 days and dig down into the soil near the palms. If it is still moist 2 inches below the soil surface you won't have to water for a few more days. If the soil is dry or just barely damp, it's time to water. Hope your queen palms perk up soon!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"