2 types of grass - Knowledgebase Question

Willow Beach, Ar
Question by sj71004
I have two types of grass that do not match. I want to get rid of the one that is larger and grows much faster, how can I do that? I can send pictures.

0

It's really difficult to remove one type of grass from another without killing it all off and starting again. Even when you begin with a single type of turfgrass, native grass seeds are deposited on your lawn by birds or from the wind. However they find their way to your lawn, they sprout and grow and spread. There is no weed killer that will target one grass and leave the other alone so if it's important to you to have only one kind of grass, you'll need to remove your current lawn and reseed with new grass. Wish there were an easier solution!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"